Corinne - San Diego, California

I always knew that my mom was a smart woman. I’ve always been brought up with her teaching me life lessons and reciting quotes that she says she lived by. I would nod and smile pretending that I understood. One day while sitting in class, I realized that one of her infamous quotes made sense and has had the greatest impact on my life. Because of these thoughts and insights from my mom, I believe that all things happen for a reason, and eventually all the pieces of life falls into place.

As a child, life is a dream, there are no worries in the world, and there is no thought about planning for the future. You live in the present and just take each moment as they come, and no moment is ever left untouched or un noticed. The only problem with a child’s mentality is that there is really no appreciation for the time we are given. I believe, that is why my mom was always preaching to me, about her life lessons. About appreciating life and looking at it as a whole.

Now a college student, I sit in a class; a class that I should have been paying attention in, it suddenly hit me. Life is like a huge puzzle! There are so many pieces and parts that eventually all fit together perfectly. Childhood, high school, college, dating, marriage, jobs, family, and the list goes on, are all little pieces. Every piece in life reacts to another and eventually all the pieces all fit together perfectly.

Some of the pieces aren’t great, some are painful, and some we just want to forget about. But with the bad comes the good, and without every single piece of the puzzle of life, it wouldn’t be finished. Therefore we wouldn’t be living the life we have lived, or become the people we are now.

Now, this phenomenon was amazing to me. I couldn’t get over it. All those times, I cried to my mom, about how sad I was when my boyfriend broke up with me, or how mad I was that I didn’t score that last winning goal of the soccer team, she would always say….things happen for a reason honey. At that moment I thought to myself, “Thanks mom for the support”, but now I get it! Things do happen for a reason! If all the times in my life haven’t happened the way they have turned out, I wouldn’t be the person I am today. This is why I believe, that all things happen for a reason, and eventually all the pieces of life falls into place.