Brittany - Hampton/Ga/30228, Georgia

“You are not the father!” is a phrase that many women who appear on the Maury

Show hear. It’s both funny and sad to me how many men those women bring to the show

to have a paternity test. I think a lot of people just display poor judgment and end up

making stupid decisions that cause them to end up on the show. There was one woman in

particular named Georgetta, she returned to the show numerous times with over 20 men

and still hadn’t found her baby’s father. The look of shock that hits her face every time

Maury read those famous words was so hilarious! I mean after awhile she just has to

know what the test is going to say.

My first belief on this subject is that women should not embarrass themselves by

having numerous men tested on national television. Although it amuses a lot of its views,

it just makes the guests look silly {and nasty}. When it gets to a certain number of men

they should just start doing the rest if the testing in private. Everybody does not have to

know that you found another possible “baby’s daddy” for your child. At the same time I

think that a child should know who its father is, so I would not tell them to just give up

looking. On some occasions I do run across a story or two where I find myself asking,

“Why are you back!? Why do you have like 50 guys on stage and need a paternity test for

all of them?”

My second belief is that the women should think about who else their appearance

could affect. Depending on the story, going on the show could not only embarrass

themselves, but their family, friends, and significant others. I don’t think a lot of people

consider that part of it. I think if people did stop and think, then Maury would not have a

show.

Ladies: Be careful so you won’t end up being one of the few that hear “You are not

father!”