Jenna - Centerville, Ohio

I believe in having adrenaline rush. I believe this because I’ve had experience with it and I know almost everyone has experienced maybe not in the ways I have but in different ways too at least sometime in their lives. I have experienced it because of cheerleading. I am on a competitive cheerleading squad and I use my adrenaline to my advantage almost every weekend. When I am at practice during the week and I can’t land a skill that I know I can do I get really frustrated, like anyone would. Even though I get frustrated I keep practicing it and don’t give up because I know when we are at a competition I will have so much adrenaline that I can land my skill even if I can’t land it in warm up right before we go on. The rules I go by with this belief are don’t let your frustration get the best of you. This rule is so true too if you get so frustrated and give up on what you are doing you will never be able to do it. When I go out in front of the judges I get so excited and everything builds up inside of me and I can do whatever my mind wants me to do. One of my experiences with this is when I couldn’t land my standing tuck at practice, I had done it before so I knew I could do it but no matter what I just couldn’t land it. I told my coach to not take me out of the standing tucks in the routine because I knew I could land it. She believed in me so I stayed in that section. The following weekend we had a competition and in warm ups I couldn’t land it so I started getting really nervous because we had a lot of competition. After warm ups the whole team started pumping each other up, we were next and very excited. They called our names and we all spirited on to the floor I looked at the crowd, they were all cheering and yelling. I looked at the judges and then the music started, 5, 6, 7, 8 I jumped the highest I had ever jumped and pulled my knees over me and sure enough I landed my skill! There are no misconceptions to this belief, just believe in yourself and remember what ever you set your mind to you can succeed in.