Ruben

Jeff - Adrian, Michigan
Themes: birth, morality

Have you ever had a best friend, like really a best friend? Well my best friend Ruben is the best friend a kid could have, we do and did everything together, we grew up together, same high school, and now same college, we shared countless memories, and even shared a couple girls. We played sports together, we hang out together almost everyday, and about the only time we did not hang out was at prom and that was because I took his sister. Now, Ruben has made a major impact on my life because before Ruben and I became such good friend I used to hang out with troublemakers and if it was not for his influence I would not be where I am or who I am today.

Now this all sound nice and great but your friendship would not have been able to exist if nineteen years ago his mother, who was sixteen at the time, had listen to the advice of others and had an abortion. But thankfully his mother did the right thing and not have her unborn baby killed. And I believe no one should have the right to take the life of another. I believe this because not only is it immorally wrong, but one person, one life, can change the world or change the life of another. In my case one person changed my life and there is no telling where I would be right now if it was not for Ruben and the choice that Ruben’s mom made. This is what I believe.