Mark - Allen Park, Michigan
Themes: humanism

I believe being a human is having human nature. Behind every human decision there is human nature playing an ultimate role in it. People make mistakes all the time, we were born into sin and when we sin we are only being human because everyone does it. The nature of people can also be good to like human kindness. Being human can refer to good and bad traits of a person alike. For example, the kindness of people and the weakness of people. Being human also means living in freedom, liberty, and justice. The event that really opened my eyes and changed my life was 9/11. This event showed me what it really means to be a human. Everyone bonded and formed one big family in support and prayers for the 10,000 people in the towers. It showed to what extents people will go to in the time of need. When people are slaves they don’t truly get to experience what it means to be human. They don’t get to make their own decisions for themselves, they are not equal in the eyes of others, and they are treated like animals and not human beings. People say how can humans treat other humans like that? Sometimes humans get put into a position of power and take advantage of that power way to much and it can get out of hand. That is the evil side of a human. They are not being humane to others. We were all created equal, but some humans don’t see it that way. Humans need respect and dignity and when they don’t get those things they can’t get a feel of what it means to be human. Being human is treating others the way you want to be treated. It is a characteristic everyone has. Some people just don’t show it. Be caring and giving and you will then understand of what it truly means to be a human. Understand that if a person makes a mistake they are only human and that you need to bring out the good side in the term human and forgive them. People are going to face many ups and downs in their lives and that all comes with being a human, but it is how you face the ups and downs that define which human you are. Nobodies perfect and everyone is going to make a mistake sooner or later and that is ok, but learn from your mistakes and try not to repeat them. I believe this, being a human has great responsibilities and it’s not an easy path to follow.