Taylor - San Diego, California
Themes: carpe diem

I believe that life should be lived to its fullest.

As a child I remember everyday after school I couldn’t wait to get home. The second I got home I went straight to my neighbor’s house. We played outside all the time.

My favorite activity was riding my bike around the neighborhood. I would race around with my friend, for hours on end, without a care in the world. The only concern that ever crossed my mind was, “how long till the sun goes down?”

I used to build forts in the bushes in between the houses of our cul-de-sac. The forts we built were nothing out of the ordinary and in fact they were not that special at all, but to two 7 year old boys that built them they were totally awesome. I never cared about whether it was the best fort or had the best design; I just wanted to have fun.

There was one huge tree just down the street from my house. The tree’s large and easily climbable branches stood out over the park. Sitting up in the tree with my friend watching the other kids play, the adults walking their dogs, the birds singing, and the sun setting is by far one of the greatest moments in my life. It stands out because I was living life how it should be lived. Not missing a moment. I was taking in the entire world around me.

I believe that today we need to live our lives to the fullest. During my childhood it was so easy, I had no cares in the world. Now more than ever though, I try to take a step back and tell myself that I am only going to live once. I need to make the most of the time I have.

In my busy life I sometimes forget that there is more to life than just working and school. My friends and family mean so much to me. I would hate to miss out because I was too absorbed working at life rather than living it.

I never know what is going to happen tomorrow so I live for now, I live for today, and I live for every moment. This is what I believe.