How the West was lost!

Patrick - San Diego, California

I believe illegal immigration is immoral and wrong. Illegal immigration is harmful and disruptive to America’s health, legal, and economic systems.

Don’t get me wrong. I am well aware that America is a country of immigrants. My fathers, grandfathers, uncles, and cousins have all fought wars for America’s freedom dating back over 100 years ago. Americans and our country’s patriots did not fight for our freedoms and borders, only to have them undermined by the hundreds and thousands of illegal immigrants infiltrating our borders and violating our American legal system. To add insult to injury, congressmen and businessmen alike are offering illegal immigrants jobs, drivers licenses and American rights? Outrage! Pure outrage.

I believe it is immoral to allow illegal immigrants to work at our jobs and live in our streets, while hundreds and thousands of prospective immigrants are legally applying to enter and live in our country. In a sense, we are rewarding illegal immigrants who make it into our country by hardly offering any punishment for their illegal entry, assuming they actually are caught. (haha, I laugh)

“We work the jobs that the American’s won’t work,” is a typical argument illegal immigrants and their supporters often recite. In fact, that is not true. Here is the point. Businesses are paying illegal immigrants far below minimum wage. Yes, minimum wage is a law! Paying illegal immigrants below the prevailing wage squeezes out the American’s who would take those jobs. From a business perspective, if an owner has the option of paying an American worker the minimum wage, and an undocumented illegal immigrant far below minimum wage, which person will get that job? You got it! The illegal immigrant. Not only is that illegal, but immoral as well, because that will only add to the poverty the United States is already facing. And for what? To save a couple pennies that the legal immigrant or American worker should be entitled to. Wow.

If you are poor, how can you afford medication when you are sick? How can you pay for a visit to the hospital if you get hurt? You can’t! Many illegal immigrants go untreated with illness and spread disease to hundreds, possibly even thousands of others. And just for the record, legal immigrants are required to have medical screenings so that they won’t spread disease. But hey, malaria, hepatitis and leprosy probably aren’t that bad right? (haha, I laugh again).

Yes, illegal immigrants add to our nations GDP, and yes illegal immigrants are probably thankful they live in the United States, but guess what? I am thankful I live in the United States, and legal immigrants are adding to our nations’ GDP. I wish I could use someone else’s social security number, or not have to pay income tax. Think of all the money I could make? Illegal immigrants do not even respect the country they snuck into. Do they know who Uncle Sam is? Do you know who Uncle Sam is? I doubt he would be happy if he knew the hundreds and thousands of illegal immigrants who fail to pay, or file for taxes.

As a matter of fact, there are probably a number of illegal immigrants named Uncle Sam, and they wouldn’t even realize the irony of their own name! But who am I to speak out. I’m just a hardworking, tax paying American citizen fighting for my freedom.