Vincent - 91915, California

One day in the World of Warcraft…I was in Shattrath City just checking my bank slots in the Aldor bank to see if I have any room for items that I’d be farming for that day. After a few minutes, I finished clearing out some slots occasionally looking at the general chat window when I saw “LF Rogue to open [Korium Lockbox]” (LF stands for Looking For). Being the Rogue that I am I offered my services, not many Rogues spent the time and effort of increasing their skill in lock picking, not to mention Korium Lockboxes take the highest skill to open. I met up with the person in the middle of the city and opened a trade window. The person linked me his lockbox and I picked it open with no hesitation and clicked ok signifying I was finished picking it and was ready for him to receive it. He was taking longer to click ok than I had anticipated. Little did I know was that he was offering me gold for my services and I gladly took it. We both thanked each other and went our own ways bidding each other a “see you around”.

I believe that people should be awarded for their efforts no matter how real or virtual their efforts are. If you cooked dinner for all your friends even if it wasn’t that good, or mowed the lawn without having being told to do so, a “Thank You Very Much” goes a long way. Or in the Warcraft sense, if you saved a friend from dying by the hands of slimy murlock, or just transmuted a skyfire diamond for a guild member with your own mats (materials), a /thank goes a long way.

If everyone was awarded for their efforts the world and the World of Warcraft would be a greater place. There wouldn’t be a sense of uselessness with everyday’s transactions between people; people would be more delighted to do favors and services for others. I like doing things for other people, and I like to be awarded for my efforts no matter how big or small my reward is.

No matter where you are, being polite to others will in turn have people reciprocate. So whenever you’re in Shattrath City and somebody needs your help, don’t hesitate to be the first to their aid, if everything goes according to plan you’ll be in for a reward.