Sierra - Reno, Nevada

Haunting

By Sierra Larson

I believe in the paranormal. I Believe in life after death. I believe that there is more to the earth then what the eye sees. I believe in ghosts!

Many things happen in this world that people can not explain, like lights flickering on and off, mysterious noises, and foot steps echoing through the house when no one is walking around. I remember at my old house in Gardnerville, I would hear foot steps going up and down the hallway.

I used to live across the street from my friend Megan, and her house was haunted. She once told me that one day while she was home alone she was watching T.V when her dog started freaking out. She yelled at him to stop barking. Megan got up and walked to the T.V she was sitting next to it when it started whispering. She listened closer and discovered that the strange whispers were coming from the T.V. Then the whispers stopped, and around a minute later her phone rang. It was just her dad, she told him about the T.V and he just laughed. Then after she hung up with her dad the phone rang again, this time the number came up unknown. She let it go to voice mail. The next day when we were walking home from school she was telling me about all this and then she played the message on her phone. The voice was not very clear, but you could still tell it was a threatening message. I asked her if she was sure it wasn’t her dad just messing with her. She told me that she thought it was at first but when she tried to call the number back it said “the number you are trying to reach doesn’t exist.” After that little experience I was sure that there was such a thing as ghosts.

Another event that helped me to see that ghosts truly exist was also through my friend Megan. She told me that when her little brother was younger he used to sleep in her parent’s room. Her parents said that Levi, her little brother, kept waking them up in the middle of the night saying “the people in white coats are back.” They thought he was dreaming but when it kept happening every night so they took him to the doctors. They hooked him up to one of those machines that monitor your brain while your sleeping, but it was perfectly normal. They kept an eye on him after that and it still happened. So was it just the over active imagination of a young boy or was the super natural trying to make contact? I believe it was the super natural.

My friend, Rachel, told me that once while she was home alone she left her bathroom light on. She left the bathroom and went into another room. She looked up saw that her bathroom light was flickering on and off. Naturally she got scared and called her friend. So her friend showed up so that she wouldn’t be so afraid. Her friend asked her what was up. Rachel told her the story of the mysterious lights, but her friend Rebecca didn’t believe her. So she left the bathroom light on and left. A few minutes later she heard her friend freaking out, and soon after her friend came running out saying that the lights were really flickering on and off. So was it the paranormal or just faulty wiring? I say it was the paranormal.

Ghosts do exist. I think that they are just lost souls trying to find their way in to the next world. I don’t think that their really how Hollywood portrays them. But I guess we will never really know if they are in fact real or if the weird things that happen are just faulty wiring or the over active imagination of children and teens.