Julie - Draper, Utah

This I believe… that there is a plan that will “feed the hungry, clothe the naked and liberate the captive” in perpetuity—which is the only true Charity there is.

We demand, through an executive order, that our government change the laws to provide basic necessities for its citizens using Section 8 housing, food stamps, Medicaid, etc. The oversight of which would create many, many jobs.

One qualifies if you are a human being thus eliminating the red tape that protracts relief, and eliminates theft and corruption associated with the system when available to all at no cost. (Of course, not all will want to participate.)

It could be funded the way the “war on terror” has been funded. Then every seven years debt relief is sought the same way it is for third world countries. Through capitalism creditors would quickly recover without a “burp” or “bubble” to their lifestyles.

It would greatly diminish crime, which is the consequence of ignoring the plight of the desperate and destitute.

Although many will insist, “This program will create more lazy bums!” Au contraire! Under the definition of “basic necessities,” it will not include vacations, cars, TVs, Twinkies, cigarettes and Starbucks.

Those desiring amenities must get a job, if only part time. However, if one chooses not to work, which many do (or can’t), they will not be forced to live and die, or be dumped from hospital beds, onto the streets.

The greatest motivator to hold a job is the joy one feels when their hard earned cash may be spent on what they want to bring them happiness, instead of what one needs to make ends meet!

Think of the boost to the economy as one’s purchasing power and security is increased!

No one will be stuck at jobs where they aren’t receiving humane treatment—no more sweatshops, sexual harassment, child brothels, abuse, etc.,

Of course, these government programs will need to be tweaked and refined but there would be a dramatic increase in production of basic goods and services, wholesome foods, adequate housing, and satisfactory medical care, which will increase competition for the best and finest instead of the cheapest and substandard.

There would be no need for Social Security.

No need for fences, walls or borders! Who would wish to leave the comfort of their family and friends to move to America (other than to visit), when their basic necessities are provided by their own governments?

The greatest reward will be in knowing that not one more child will go to bed hungry; not one more person, caught in a cycle of abuse, will be left without an option; and not one more person will be forced to sleep on the street, or eat out of a dumpster.

Imagine how it will feel when ALL our brothers and sisters Worldwide are considered equal and deserving of Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness!

Only then can we ALL truly be FREE AT LAST!!