david - reno, Nevada

I believe that everybody has a comfort zone. Some people have a bigger comfort zone than others. Some feel that they can be themselves practically anywhere they go; some people are only themselves when they are alone. Everyone is different, but for everyone that comfort zone should be eliminated.

When you are a kid you can walk up to a kid, not knowing anything about them, and just be yourself without any regrets or second thoughts about your behavior. As you grow older and you start to think about what others will think of you if you do this or if you do that. As you grow your comfort zone shrinks.

Some don’t let their comfort zones shrink as much as others do. Sometimes it would be so nice just to go crazy and act like your self, but then that stupid thought crosses your mind: “What will they think if I do that?”. If that thought pops up, then you are probably not in your comfort zone.

How do eliminate comfort zones? I don’t know. I couldn’t tell you how. I haven’t done it yet. One day though I hope that I will be zone free.

My main goal in life is to make my comfort zone as large as possible. My goal is to be able to go somewhere with new people and be me. I’m the type of person who is quiet, and I have to be with people that I am comfortable with to be myself. So I guess my real goal is to change myself. When this assignment came up I was trying to think of things I believe in, then I would get a really good thought, but not want to do it because I have to explain the story behind it.

So my explanation for this is that I want to eliminate my comfort zone and be myself everywhere I go. My thoughts on this are that comfort zones are stupid. My beliefs are that once you abolish comfort zones you are comfortable.