Brittany - orem, Utah

Getting past the rocks on your trail

About 8 years ago, I had a traumatic experience that completely changed my life. It was the biggest “rock” on my path. One day my mother didn’t come home from city of hope hospital. She was struggling with recovering from a bone marrow transplant and all the stress and “kemo” that went with it. On January 13th, she went to the hospital for some tests, while my brothers and sister and I stayed at a neighbor’s house. The next day went by and no news was told to us about our mother… just a “I bet she is doing just fine”. Then the morning of January 15th my neighbor was called very early, probably like 5 or 6 in the morning. It was my grandma. It wasn’t soon before I realized that my neighbor was crying, and that’s when it hit me. I had lost my mom. The most important person in a young girls life is their mother. The only person that I could really feel comfortable talking to. She was gone. That hasn’t been the only “rock” on my trail, but it was definitely and really, really big one. I am a teenager now, and well of course I have more trials I am going through. But I believe that I can get past those “rocks”, and start again back on my trail. There are many of my friends that have stumbled on a “rock” and just don’t want to get back up again, they are just sick and tired of trying. But I know that they can and will get up again. No one is perfect, everyone has something that is going wrong in their life. But there is no reason why I cant just keep going. I have a little saying that I have heard and it is what keeps me going, you have to “fake it till you make it”. I have done that for a LONG time. I know that I can get past my “rocks”, and I can make it till the end of my trail. I know that we can all get past our “rocks” and make it till the end!