Experiences and People

Haruka - Ishikawa, Japan
Themes: change

If you had different experiences and different people around you, would your personality change? I believe that people’s personalities are made from their experiences and the people around them.

When I was in elementary school I was really shy and I couldn’t make new friends well. I liked to make new friends but I had no courage to ask new friends to hang out, but, I was changed by my experience and the people around me.

When I was in junior high school, I was ski racing. I was not in the top class of ski racing, but I loved skiing, so I continued the hard training everyday. There were many of my friends on the team but they were also my rivals. Sometimes, I lost and sometimes I won. The coaches were very strict too. When one of my friends caught a cold and he couldn’t come to training one day, a coach said to everyone, “I will not feel sorry for him. He couldn’t manage himself. That was his fault. You guys should manage your selves properly. ” It was the strictest world I’ve ever met. But it changed me. I didn’t notice I was changed. I noticed it when I graduated junior high school. My father told me that I was changed for the better.

Then I entered the Kanazawa Technical College and I have been to U.S.A. and New Zealand to study English and Engineering. Those experiences changed me too. I still don’t know how I was changed by studying abroad but I know I was changed.

I hope I will continue to be changed by my experiences and people around me for the rest of my life, because I am sure that I have been changed for the better by my experiences and people around me.