Leonard - San Deigo, California
Themes: change

Grow Up

I remember back in high school I was involved in a huge quarrel that occurred over a rumor. I was on my senior trip in Hawaii with 4 of my friends. It just so happened that we were in the same place at the same time as some girls also on their senior trip from my rival high school.

I met one of the girls, her name was (anonymous), and we exchanged a proper greeting and that was it for the night. Early the next morning, one of the girls told me that (anonymous) was upset about what happened. I had no idea what she was talking about so she said that (anonymous) said that I whipped out my penis in front of her and told her to “suck my cock.” I was shocked. I actually thought it was funny at first because it was so ridiculous, but this (anonymous) girl was dead serious. When I got home from the trip the rumor blew out of proportion. All of the guys from the rival high school, including the girls’ ex-boyfriend, were threatening me saying they were going to beat my ass next time they saw me. I of course retaliated saying my side of the story and also threatening them back. All kinds of drama got stirred up.

This squabble lasted for over two years. About two and a half years later, there was a little high school reunion type party and I ran into all the guys that were threatening me in the past. There was one guy in particular that threatened me the most, and that was the girls’ ex-boyfriend.

I knew who he was, and he knew who I was. It was a little weird but we just shook hands and both agreed that the quarrel was over with. Over the time that elapsed between high school and now both of us matured and realized that the beef existed over something that did not even happen and it was just extended high school drama.

Drama that took place many years ago, like in high school for example, should not be drama anymore. High school kids are juvenile and irrational, I should know because I was one of them. I remember how fighting was the cool thing to do and you were respected and look up to if you acted like you were a hard ass. This is something that I believe everyone should grow out of over time. I believe in growing up.