Franklyn - Reno, Nevada

I believe in God. God makes miracles happen. I have witnessed God’s miracle.

When I was young, my family and I used to have very little money, and we lived in a bad neighborhood. This wasn’t any bad neighborhood, this neighborhood happened to be in the middle of West Covina, California. This was the kind of neighborhood where you would have to stay lower than the windows at night, so you wouldn’t get shot in a gang fight happening across the street.

So I talked to my mom and said, “Mommy, why isn’t our family like the families we see in the movies?”

She looked at me and said, “It’s because God hasn’t answered our prayers yet.”

So she took me into the other room and taught me to pray. I prayed every night for more money and a safer place to live. I just hated seeing movies with families that could ride bikes outside, eat big juicy steaks, and play video games, when I was just a little kid in a bad neighborhood eating mushy spaghetti with watered down sauce and roaches running across the floor.

So eventually my dad went to work and came back with a bad look on his face and the next day we were in court. I was like four, so I had no clue what was going on. Months go by with our money getting lower and lower from our payments to the lawyer. My father cried and yelled to the sky, “God, Help us! I haven’t eaten a decent meal in three weeks. I have a family that needs your help. Help u change our lives.”

So I prayed, and I prayed, and I prayed some more. Eventually my dad came home with a huge box. Threw it on the table and opened it. “What is it?” we asked.

He replied, “It’s a model of a house. And guess what, that’s the model of our new house I just bought with the money I just won!”

We jumped and we screamed. Our prayers were answered. This is one of God’s miracles. This I believe.