Tristan - Reno, Nevada

The Way I Are

I believe that life is too short to not be living it the way you want to be living it. I

used to try so hard to be “perfect”. I wanted to be a daughter that my mom could be

proud of. I’ve realized that there is no such thing as “perfect” and I don’t have to be

“perfect” in order for her to be proud of me. I know now that I am not “perfect” in any

way at all, and I’m okay with that.

When I was little I used to care a lot about what people thought about me. I’ve learned to not care…. “If you like me, that’s great, if you don’t, you could do it movin’.” I don’t need haters and drama in my life. If you’re not bringing anything positive to my life, what are you here for? Nobody but God has the right to judge me. Bob Marley said it best, “Who are you to judge the life I live? I know I am not perfect and I don’t live to be. But before you start pointing your fingers, make sure your hands are clean.”

One of my main, STRONGEST beliefs is that people should be themselves. Be who they are! I am the only person who has to wake up to me every single morning. If I can look in the mirror and love what I see, then that’s all that really matters.

This book, Tuesdays With Morrie, helped me to live my life for me and to cherish each and every single day that I wake up. It was about this man and his relationship with his college professor. One day the man, Mitch, was watching T.V. and saw his old college professor, Morrie, talking about this disease he has. Basically the story is about how having this disease changed Morrie’s way of thinking, his whole outlook on life. Mitch and Morrie decided to meet every Tuesday and Mitch would interview Morrie, talking about life lessons that Morrie had learned, things that he has come to figure out, etc. Now, at that point in my life, I was already trying to “re-invent” myself and find a new way to look at life. This was it! This book helped me to see things differently. This book is what made me make-up mind to live life for me. Life’s too short,and you never know when you’re going to go. You’re not promised tomorrow so cherish everyday that you are alive!