Matthew - reno, Nevada
Themes: parenthood

Behavior Analysis

I believe that a child’s behavior is a direct reflection on the way his or her parents are. I believe that if a student is unorganized, it is either because one or more of their parents are that way or their parent doesn’t pay very close attention to their son or daughter.

Parents need to start taking it upon themselves to better their son or daughter. They need to not care if their child hates them at the time, and know that it will make a better child in the long run. I’m sure some kids think they have their parents wrapped around their finger. That is the kind of thing that needs to be avoided. The kids are younger and way less knowledgeable (at least I hope). The parents need to step up and start laying down some discipline in their child’s life.

The proof of what I believe is out there. If someone was to go and visit their child’s school they would probably see themselves in the way their child acts. I believe children act the way they do because parents either are too soft with their kids or because their parents do the same stuff as their kids. For example, I know of some kids at a local high School that got caught drinking during their season. The coach of their team was obligated to turn them in, which he did. Instead of the parents getting mad and punishing their children the parents got mad at the coach. They took their complaint to a person higher up on the board and the coach was not asked back to coach the kids.

On the brighter side, parents can have a great effect on their child’s life. If a parent is involved in what their child is doing and teaches their kid what to do then their child is ore likely to be respectful and responsible citizens. If a parent sets a great example for their child and helps their child succeed in good things then the child is more likely to become a better person. This I believe.