Sandy - Fresh Meadows, New York
Themes: change

I believe in the beauty of transformation. Everyday we are constantly improving ourselves and transcending from the errors we made in the past. Whether we make strides, large or small, we are visualizing the greater good of rising from our imperfections.

Transformation stems from within and whoever is willing to change. The key ingredient in this process of change is acknowledging our flaws. We all have them, however, some are reluctant to admit they exist. Flaws do not make the individual, rather they alarm us. They are subliminal reminders of how imperfect we are. Some choose to accept and live with their flaws while others take immediate action to reverse them.

The expression that everyone is not perfect is very cliché, and also degrading. It tells us how far we are from becoming perfect. However, perfection does not improve the individual. Perfection is unnatural because every day we are subject to making mistakes. At first, these mistakes are seen as flaws, and as humans, we are intimidated by them. Correcting these mistakes, rather, for those who admit they are instilled in all of us, can enable us to prevent them in the future.

Perfection is non-existent, but as humans, we tend to believe that everything is attainable. The downside to perfection is that is blinds us from the reality of making mistakes. It is making mistakes that help us to grow and learn. Perfection denies us from growing and becoming the best we can be because it’s at a constant. It pressures us and implies that if we are bound to make a mistake, we are subject to failure.

The truth behind transformation is embracing our flaws that will always stay instilled in us and correcting flaws that will impact us. What makes us unique is that we are filled with positive and negative attributes. It is opening ourselves to making mistakes that will enhance our ability to prevent new ones and transform us into greater individuals in the process.