Collin - Centerville, Ohio

Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche once said “Without music life would be a mistake.” I believe that this quote has a lot of truth to it because music is where people can calm down and relax without distracting sound bothering them. Music sets the mood for any occasion, and provides peace if you’re in a stressful situation. Without music, I believe people and society in general would have a lot more tension and be more tightly strung than usual. Music is fun to play, relaxing to listen to, and can lighten your mood.

As a guitar player I of course love music and love to play music. A car ride without music is always the most boring car ride ever. A lot of times I have heard music and just one song reminded me of where I was when I heard the song, who I was with when I heard it, and something that I was doing when the song was playing. Songs can bring back a lot of memories, such as when I hear old songs that I haven’t heard for awhile, I think of when I was in middle school and I used to listen to that band and then I remember a lot of fun stories from middle school. Pink Floyd always reminds me of my dad because the song “The Great Gig in the Sky” was played at his father’s funeral and my dad and I both share a similar taste in music. He and I listen to more music than anyone else that I know. I have one of the biggest music collections at my house, both on the computer and on CD. I do not think that I would be a guitar player now if it wasn’t for him getting me into artists such as Stevie Ray Vaughn, Jimi Hendrix, Jimi Page, Peter Frampton, the list goes on and on. Music is what makes the world go round and brings people together and can even form many new and good relationships. Music is something that I live for, music is a very very important part of my life. Music, this I believe.