Lauren - centerville, Ohio
Themes: morality

Why did it have to be this time? What did we do wrong? Why couldn’t it have gone as planned? These are questions I asked myself the night the world would change for me. I believe that everything happens for a reason and even when it sucks, it’s still for a reason. The whole story is a blur because it all happened so fast. We never expected her dad to come home and ketch us red handed, who does? Everyone says life as a high schooler is hard and that they are the worsted years of everyone’s life. Those bad years form who you are going to be the rest of your life. What you over come to get to be who you are is how strong of a person you are going to be. The night that he came home early helped me to form who I was going to be for the rest of my high school career and hopefully all my life.

We had everything planned. Everyone knew when to be there and what to tell their parents. Some of us had to lie and some of us didn’t. Me on the other hand had to lie. There is no way my parents would have let me be there, even when they know I have good judgment on wrong and right. The question isn’t on if your parents trust you, it is just about if they think you are strong enough to say no. For some reason this time was different then others. I had the feeling in your gut that everything in your world is about to go up side down or that your heart is going to fall out your butt. I don’t know why I didn’t say anything. We didn’t even know what time her dad was coming home. That is probably why I was insecure about it. The second that grudge door went up I knew that everything was about to change. We were caught red handed and there was nothing to clean are hands but to tell the truth. She didn’t want to. She just wanted to keep lying because she thought it would help. I knew better but it wasn’t my house so I didn’t want to say anything. I told her it was her decision. Later after she told her lies to her father he found her camera and realized that what she had said was all lies. Eventually part of the truth came out but I still felt bad. I mean I hate lying seemed to lie most with this girl. That should have been a warning for me.

I believe everything happens for a reason. We needed to get caught or a reality check. If you have to lie about something in order to be able to do it, it’s probably not worth it. Don’t be like everyone else. Be who you are but be smart. Everything can be so set up but in one second be ruined.