Aubrey - reno, Nevada
Themes: family, illness

My Family

Do you love your family? Really, think about this. Do they mean a lot you? How do they influence your life? What would life be like without them? Family is important. This I believe.

When family gets together, it’s a time to make memories and come closer together. You can just forget the world and be who you are. The memories you make will reside in your mind and will influence who are and who you will become. In a family each individual is different than the next. We all have strengths and weakness that will lift and carry each other. We need to be ourselves in order to help each other.

“Goodbye Aubrey!” Those were the last words that I would hear from my brother for two months. He was going to Delaware for a surgery. My mom would be going with him and I would be staying home with my two younger sisters and my Dad. I knew I would miss my brother and what he was going to go through would be hard. I knew I also needed to support him in his decision and that this was important in his life. He would later have to go through a lot of pain and a lot of recuperation and I needed to be strong for him. Whenever I talked to him throughout the two months he always sounded so sad and I knew that he wanted to be home with all of his family.

I think that was two of the hardest months so far in my life. My mother and my only brother were gone for what to me seemed like forever. I just wanted them home with me and I wanted to give them a big hug and never let go. I think that families should love, help, support and care for each other.

Our families influence who we are now and what we will become. Did you know that 37% of kids who have parents that smoke will end up smoking before 12th grade? Yes, parents and family do influence our lives. Also family and home should be a place where we don’t have to worry about that kind of stuff. We can just get away from the world and just be who we really are. We should be kind to one other so that it will be easy to talk, work and have fun as a group.

Families are important to who we are and who we will become. They help motivate and inspire us. The can lift us up, carry us and keep us going when all seems impossible. Family members should be respected and in turn a family can grow, develop and make memories. I know my family loves me and keeps me going when it gets hard. I am glad for their help, love and support. I know they influence me each and every day and they provide those good times that I will always remember. This I believe.