Shaquis - Boston, Massachusetts

Shaquis Williams

October 9, 2007

Mandela

I strongly believe that you can’t depend on any one but yourself.

You have to know how to be independent because you are not going to get any

where by being so dependent on others.

When you always depend on someone, then what happens if they’re gone?

It is going to be difficult for you to be independent. Then you are going to be stuck because the only person that knows, how to get, what needs to be done, is the person that you depended on. You didn’t take the time out to figure it out yourself. That is one reason why you shouldn’t depend on someone.

For example, when I was in math class I wasn’t paying attention to what needed

to be done for homework, and then when I got home I depended on my cousin to help me because she usually helps me with my homework. She didn’t come to my house that night so I was stuck and got a zero for my homework. It was my fault because I didn’t pay attention in class and thought that I had someone to depend on to helps me so I could get it done. I really needed that homework to keep my grade up that tore me apart, because the one I depended on doesn’t have to worry about not passing in their homework. That is another reason why you shouldn’t depend on some on even if it was your family.

Why would you want someone one to do something for you? You can’t always trust people to do something because they won’t do something like you want it to be or exactly how you expect it to be. I remember had I told my grandmother to go to Walgreens because I needed a certain kind of notebook and she got the wrong one.

I was stuck another day without it for class. Now that should have been my own responsibility to get what I needed for class. I was upset but the only person I can get mad at is myself for depending on my grandmother.

That is why I really think that you can only depend on yourself, because you’re the only one that can get exactly what you need and when and how you need it. Just think if it was a major event that happens and you got stood up for depending on someone you would be lucked out. These are important reasons why you shouldn’t depend on others.