Mitchell - Nevada

Ever since I was a young kid my parents had always raised me to believe that we are equal. That if there is something in your life that you want, all you have to do is work hard for it and it will be yours. For the longest time that I can remember I have believe that we live in a very privileged society and that we should not be allowed to tell other people what they can and cannot do. For a person to tell another person that they cannot be who they want to be is ridiculous. Who am I, and for a better question, who are you to tell someone that they can’t become that successful lawyer they have always wanted to be or to tell someone that they can’t love the person they are with because the bible says same sex marriage is wrong.

Taking the right path in life to your goals may not always be the easiest ones, nor the most fun, but in the end when you have achieved that goal you are really excited and amped. If you set goals for yourself and you can motivate yourself to do whatever it takes to attain those goals then there is no reason someone should be allowed to come up to you and just squash them. What gives a person the right to kill another person’s dreams? I have always wanted to become a big advertising director and work on big projects for Pepsi and apple and things like that, and I know that if I work hard at it that someday my goals will come true.

Another thing that I find extremely wrong is the idea of people not letting people love the one they are with, regardless of what sex they are. Some of the greatest men and woman of this world are gay. Shakespeare was thought to be gay and he wrote some of the most beautiful sonnets anyone has ever created. I certainly do not believe that the bible is any good piece of reasoning to tell someone they can’t love that person because it’s wrong. Religion is supposed to be accepting and understanding of its people. It isn’t supposed to make people feel uncomfortable for being who they are.

This is what I believe; I believe that people should be real with themselves. If I someone you knew was in love with someone of the same sex, how would that honestly affect your life? You can’t be saying that it affects you because they are getting the same benefits as you are because that it not fair. It doesn’t affect them at all. If you want to become a doctor, by all means, go right ahead if you are willing to work for it. Everyone is equal and we should not be allowed to tell anyone otherwise.