Athea - Reno, Nevada

This I believe everything happens for a reason. If you loose someone that you love or anyone for that matter, there is always a reason.

When people first die, anyone who was attached to the person has a horrible feeling, so they never stop and think about the reason that they died. Later on in life they might look back and say, They are in a better place and it was their time to go but during the time that they are mourning, they will always say that God is never there He doesn’t love us God is punishing us.

The reason I believe this is because two Christmases ago my grandfather on my father’s side of the family died from cancer. Sadly he had five different types of cancer and he had to go through chemo three times a week. He finally defeated it after 8 months, and then one month later he had a check up and the cancer was back, but this time it was three times stronger then before.

He had more chemotherapy then ever and he was terribly sick. He lost his ability to talk, and he lost the strength to move, and yet through all of this kept holding on. The last time that we (us kids) got to see him was thanksgiving of 2005, and that is when we were supposed to say, “Good-bye.”

My family and I came over on the 22nd of December for Christmas, and we all heard that Grandpa was really sick and he didn’t want us to see him that way, so we were never allowed to see him. My mother, step-sister, and my little sister all went to the really gross hotel with no pool while my dad went to my grandparents to help take care of my grandfather and to watch after my grandmother, who was going through a very hard time. She was loosing the love of her life, her best friend and her one and only soul mate that can never be replaced. Just before my dad went over there he had a very hard time because his father and he always fought when my dad was a teen and they hated each other and 1 year before he got cancer they started talking and hunting and fishing together. So to my dad, he felt like as soon as he had his dad, God took him away and he was hurt.

We got a call on the 23rd at 4:30 am and it was my dad telling us that grandpa had passed away. When my mother first told me I was just like, you whatever that’s great, and then at 6:30 when I woke up, I broke down, it was horrible, I couldn’t breath. To this day I am still beating myself up about not saying, Good-bye. At first my grandmother was a wreck and so were my aunt and father. My aunt said that God was punishing us, and He didn’t love us anymore. She stopped believing in God and praying to Him. It was really sad to see, but like I said, everything happens for a reason, and the reason that I believe that my aunts loss of faith ties in is because when you go through something like this, your faith is tested and her was a lot and it all happen for a reason too, and this reason was that my grandpa was so miserable and hated what the cancer was doing to his life, and he was in too much pain, and God gave him a chance to be pain – free. I personal think that it was my grandfathers time to go because he was very ill, in so much pain, couldn’t talk, and I love him too much to make him stay.

So if you ever think that God is punishing you, just look past the problem that lies in front of you and realize the good in life, even if the realization may come later.