You Can, You Can

Kimvy - sparks, Nevada

I believe that there is nothing that you cannot do.

When I was a little girl, I did not believe that I cannot do everything I want to but then my grandfather taught me one important lesson that I will never forget in my life and I will make sure to spread around to people, family members, friends, and other people. The lesson was that if I want to do anything, I can only if I put my heart into it ,and try and try and not most importantly that not afraid to fail many times. I remember that in fifth grade I wanted to be a violinist and people kept telling me that I cant be a violinist because I’m too old and that I don’t like music so I cant play music instruments. Everyone said that except one person that is my grandfather. He always encouraged me to do things I like and try out things. At that night, I started to cry that no one thinks that I can play violin or any other music instruments and my parents would not buy me a violin to play and practice. He was there comforted me by telling me stories how people don’t believe in themselves and he made me tell myself and yell aloud, “If I think I can, I can and do not listen to other people or think what other people say.” Then he said that how he believes that anyone can do anything when they think they can. Then next day when I got back from home, I saw on my bed there is a violin laying on my bed. He helped me to be a violinist. I did not feel that I can play violin and I thought that I was very horrible player. That time I felt that people was right that I can never be good at playing violin and be a violinist. I quitted playing violin for a few months until my grandfather got back from his trip. He told me that the only way I can be better at things is to try and fail then try again until succeed. I listened to him and kept playing violin until I get better. I have been playing violin for almost thirteen years and now I am a violinist and good at playing violin. I can prove that if you think that you can do anything you want, you can just need to believe in yourself. This is all thanks to my grandfather taught me a lesson and help me when I needed help.

When you think or believe that you can, you can do things you want to do. Don’t listen to other people say negative things like you cant do that, you are too old, you not good enough, etc. It does not matter what other people say or think, the only thing is matter is what you think and what you believe. So remember, Always think to yourself that you can, you can, then you can.