Jason - Ames, Iowa

Jason Prusa

Senior Comp, Period 4

I believe

November 13, 2007

Slowing Down

I believe in slowing down. Life comes at you fast and the best thing to do is slow down and enjoy it. When it seems that you have a million things to do and not much time, the best thing to do is just relax and take them one at a time until finished.

Going through high school with commitments coming from sports, homework and maybe a job, it seems that you never have time to do anything. If you never slow down to enjoy things, then it will be over before you know it. You need to take time even if it is the little things, like hanging out with your friends or practicing for a sport. You will never get this time back, so you should enjoy it now. The time we have in high school is almost over and then we may never see some of our classmates and friends again. That is why slowing down now is one of the best things to do in our lives to make sure that we have fun in the time we have left.

I try to do this whenever I can. Anyone who knows me can usually tell this. The main time I slow down is when we go out to eat. I think that is a perfect time to slow down. When you eat with your friends it is nice to listen to them and find out what is going on in their lives and how they are doing. Also, it is nice to joke about stuff and have fun. One other reason I like to slow down when eating is that I really enjoy my food. Eating is one of my favorite things to do and it pays to slow down and enjoy the experience. Eating out with friends is just one example of the way I slow down with other examples including sports, school, homework and just trying to manage a day.

In summary, think about your life and remember a stressful time. Would it have helped to slow down and take our time? I think so and this approach has helped me in my life. That is why I believe in slowing down and enjoying life.