Kiara - Southfield, Michigan

“Daddy”

Imagine, in the middle of the night while your sleeping and the phone rings with bad news. She answers and is told that “Ms. Byers your husband Marcus has been in a bad car accident.” Being eight and seeing the woman that I seen since birth have tears forming in the corner of her eyes, as she listens to the person on the receiver speak to her. Sitting her three kids down and trying to be strong and hold her tears back she tells us, “Marcus, DeMario, and Kiara your father has been in a car accident.” This woman that I knew as Mommy held me and my brothers as the tears fell down our faces. All the while we didn’t even know what was to come.

During the first stage of this accident”The Coma.” The three months that he was in the coma I couldn’t see him because I was underage. Since I couldn’t see him I started to pass out and vomit on occasions because I needed to see my DADDY!!!! That one day that I was finally able to see him was a wired day and the worst day of my life, I will never forget it. When my foot stepped foot into that hospital bedroom, I stared at this man my mother say is my father. He wasn’t my father he looked like a life-less body just laying there in the bed. I stood there and cried my little eyes out. He must have felt that I was crying because a tear formed in the corner of his left eye and fell slowly down his cheek that’s when I knew he was my father, he was just sleeping for a long time.

After three months passed by he finally awoke. Things would never be as we use to know it as. That man had to learn everything over, like a little infant child that needed mommy for everywhere he go. He had to learn how to breath on his own, talk, walk, eat everything. I cried myself to sleep every night. The days were long and stressful it was get up go to school and straight to the hospital after we ate.

He finally came home and was back to his old self so we thought, everything broke loss. He still thought he had a job and a family that depended on him to put the food on the table. Things began to get harder for my family, me and my brothers all got affected from the car accident in different ways. Rather it was school with are grades, with our family not wanting to be around them, violence with other peers we had went through it all because our father was no longer the same and he didn’t know. To get over the pain that we were feeling we went to see a family counselor but that didn’t help at all.

We tried to live our lives like a normal family knowing that things will never go back to how they use to be before the accident. Our lives went on with our father alive the man that I know as “DADDY.” My Daddy will always be my number one man, soldier everything in my life. No matter what we been through or go through, no matter how many times I cried my eyes out every night on my pillow until I fell asleep. I love you Daddy with all my heart.

1. Beyonce Knowles Lyrics

Daddy Lyrics

I remember when you use to take me on a

Bike ride everyday on the bayou (You remember that? We were inseparable)

And I remember when you could do no wrong

You’d come home from work and I jumped in your arms when I saw you

I was so happy to see you (I was so excited, so happy to see you)

Because you loved me I overcome

And I’m so proud of what you’ve become

You’ve given me such security

No matter what mistakes I know you’re there for me

You cure my disappointments and you heal my pain

You understood my fears and you protected me

Treasure every irreplaceable memory and that’s why…

I want my unborn son to be like my daddy

I want my husband to be like my daddy

There is no one else like my daddy

And I thank you for loving me

I still remember the expression on your face

When you found out I’d been on a date and had a boyfriend (My first boyfriend, you should have seen your face)

I still remember I called you crying cause of my tattoo

Could have said Beyonce I told you so

Instead you said you’d get one too (Even my mama said y’all get one just like mine)

Words can’t express my boundless gratitude for you

I appreciate what you do

You’ve given me such security

You understand my fears and you protected me

Treasure every extraordinary memory and that’s why…

I want my husband to be like my daddy

There is no one else like my daddy

And I thank you for loving me

Even if my man broke my heart today

No matter how much pain I’m in I will be okay

Cause I got a man in my life that can’t be replaced

For this love is unconditional it won’t go away

I know I’m lucky

Know it ain’t easy

For men who take care of their responsibilities

Love is overwhelming

Lord why did you pick me

Can’t stop my tears from falling

I love you so much daddy

(Thank you, you’ve done so much for me. I love you daddy.)

I get so emotional daddy, every time I think of you

There is no one else like my daddy

No one else replace my daddy…