ashleigh - Reno, Nevada

Think possitive, Live right

I believe in creating your own destiny. I believe that everyone has the power to change their life and others. And, I believe that you must live for today, in your own way. Some days I walk to school with a mindset that it is going to be a bad day. Others, I walk to school positive, thinking nothing can bring me down. I have noticed that the days I walk in with a bad attitude, I walk out with one too. Even on the worst of days, or when I feel like I can’t get any lower I always think, it could be worse. Some people call this the law of attraction…what you put out into the universe, you get back. I am a strong believer of this. Even this morning I woke up and thought, “I have so much homework, I’ll never be able to get it all done.” Then, I stopped myself. Why put yourself down and accept failure? I would rather believe in myself and achieve greatness. The mind is a powerful thing. I believe with your mind you can change the way you live your life. Everyone talks about believing in themselves, I just take that a little bit further.

My mom just started working again after taking about eight years off to be a stay at home mom. I couldn’t imagine how nervous she must have been walking into a new place, with new people. Surprisingly, my mom had a great attitude. She knew that if she was negative and sulked around all day then she would get no where. When she came home she admitted it was challenging but she couldn’t wait for the next day to prove what she could do. This is just one example of how you can change your life and live it the way you want. I mean, we may not know what tomorrow holds, we have no control over that. However, we can control how we deal with what happens, and to me that is what really matters.