ryan - san diego, California
Themes: question

With so many contrasting views, values, beliefs, religions and philosophies combined with the people that live dearly by them, some of witch are the most intelligent people in the world. I wonder that if these scholars can’t agree or come up with mutual conclusion than I myself might not be able to reach one.

Because I am a “rational” conscious being I need to have answers to my questions so I felt I must adopt something. As result of this I have become lost, floating in an “ocean” of appealing yet contrasting ideologies. I sometimes find my self lost not knowing what is true, but from a more realistic perspective how not to have contradicting core values.

I have questioned people’s beliefs before and have even gained pleasure out of confusing or creating doubt in their mind about them. Once though I reflected on my own beliefs and it yielded that I my self am guilty of doubt and confusion.

However when I do examine the actual ideologies of my mind I find I cannot come to any conclusion because I don’t even know where they came from or what my mind really is. What I claim to know is that my mind is there and it is doing something, something different than the person next to me, interpreting and articulating in a way that no one else ever has done before.

What makes me able to cope with infinite amounts of information is that I am allowed to perceive it and enjoy it anyway I please. I believe that the mind is real but all I should worry about is the notion that it’s unique and that I am aware of it. Now instead of wondering I just go one threw my day enjoying, being thankful that I have the ability to at least wonder if I choose to.

Adopting this philosophy has made life a lot more enjoyable because it makes what I am doing whatever I choose it to be. What it all comes down to is that I am free in some sort of way to either collide with the obstacles that is life or stand behind them, this I believe…