Patrick - Hummelstown, Pennsylvania
Age Group: 65+

I have long been confused by the attempts of fuzzy minds to break down, with ideas of Intelligent Design, the exquisite logic that supports Darwinian evolution theory. Certainly, when one considers the thousands of life forms that are now extinct, is this not evidence of Inelegant Design.?

Surely, if one wishes to apply “God” theories to nature, one should consider first the four absolute rules that govern the Universe: Electromagnetism, Gravity, and the Strong & Weak forces of atomic structure. These four laws work through invisible force fields to constrain the ways sub-atomic particles impart properties to atoms; to control the ways that atoms can form molecules, leading eventually to the life spark that followed its tortuous route to evolve the human mind. Might there be still other force fields we have not yet learnt to detect?

Gravity and Electromagnetism are the forces that govern all matter in our Universe, all built up from sub-atomic particles. As Einstein first proposed, energy and mass are interchangeable – as in the nuclear explosion. How this might be is suggested by the “String Theory” of Quantum Physics. The rules embodying these Universal laws are written in the language of our material Universe – mathematics, which few of us understand.

Is not “God” is to be found where an illimitable source of pure Energy released

in the “Big Bang” to create our Universe(s): perhaps “God” could be the energy embodied in our Universe. The implication would be that “God” is everywhere, in all matter, in all nature, rather than a distant, grey patrician entity watching the world, answering our prayers.

One does not treat Nature with arrogance, to be despoiled or trashed, without penalty.