Elizabeth - Reno, Nevada

Possibilities

I believe that in life you can’t limit yourself. I believe that when you limit yourself you are shutting all doors to possibility. When you let people tell you that you aren’t the best and you will never be the best and believe this you are limiting yourself to all things. I believe that only you have the power to say I can’t do more. Honestly you should never let yourself think less of yourself because if you don’t think your any good in life then why should anyone else.

My mother had a very rough childhood. At age four she moved from Mexico to the United States. She only knowing Spanish as her first langue had to start school in the USA not knowing anything of English. My mother still managed to maintain a high grades and a 4.0 GPA all through middle school and high school, she also got to skip a grade. She was also a star track runner in Carson High, and she also started to work at age thirteen as a bus girl in a near by restaurant. My Mom didn’t have the best relationship with her parents, better known as my grandparents yet she still tried even when getting negative vibes from her parents.

My Grandma would tell my mom that she would get nowhere in life and to a certain point my own mom believed this to. When she had a rather horrible fight with my grandparents she moved out and got married at age sixteen. She then became pregnant at age seventeen with my older brother Antonio. She was told that she wouldn’t be able to make it in high school pregnant. She dropped out and went to get her GED.

A few years later my mother’s marriage began to fall apart. She was at the time eighteen. She then met my father but things did not work out there either nine months later I Elizabeth was born my mother at age nineteen now had two kids to watch and raise.

We were all living with my grandparents but my mom knew that wasn’t where she wanted to spend all her life, so she was off to Reno she left my brother and me behind because she believed we would be better off with my grandparents at least for the time being. When my mother first decided to leave to Reno everyone told her she was crazy and wasting he time. She didn’t and kept going she knew she could make it even though everyone thought she would fail in life already having two kids and a divorce on her hands and not even at the age of twenty.

Once in Reno she started to work and had several jobs she never forgot about me and my brother she always would come and visit and bring presents to use in Carson. A Year later my mom Met Victor Seballos my beloved step father who I’ve come to love so much the only father I really know. He helped my mom and he was also in the same situation my mother was in he was set up for failure as I like to call it. Nobody thought my parents would make it far in life and at times the struggled quiet a bit but not once did the quit on themselves or each other much less us.

Two years had passed since my mom had left us with my grandparents and my parents were able to afford us to come live with them I at two was very attached to my grandma and chose to stay my mom thought it would do me good. I grew up with my grandparents seven years in Carson City where I grew up for part of my life. I wasn’t till I was almost eight that I decided I wanted to live with my mom and dad.

My parents have come a long way from where they started. They now own a house two cars and have very stable jobs. My father runs a packaging plant, and my mother has been working with the state for more then seven years now and is in the welfare division helping people who need her assistance. My parents have shown me that to make it in life you must want it and never stop believing in yourself. No one can tell you that your not any good that’s a thing you must discover one your own. That is why I believe that in life you can’t limit yourself. I thank my parents for this lesson that they have taught me.