Denise - Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Themes: carpe diem

I believe we all need to take time to “stop and smell the roses”. We are all running around trying to fill our 24 hours with as much activities and duties that we can. Running is our mode of speed these days. When we wake in the morning, we jump out of bed, run to the bathroom, shower, run to the kitchen and gobble up our breakfast. We leave our homes running out the door. Days are filled with all sorts of “running sports” like running up and down stairs to bring things to different areas in an office, or school, or home. We run, run, run, till we come home and throw something together for dinner. Then we are zipping through homework and preparing things for the next day. Many people have trouble sleeping because our minds are running too much. We need to stop during the day, take a deep breath of fresh air, and just sit and look at what’s around us. Try getting enjoyment from little things in life. Stop at a garden you are passing, and smell the roses. Seeing a child playing. Hearing people laugh. Watching leaves fall off a tree. Think about a special moment you experienced as a child. Just sit and relax! It will be much easier to get on with life, if we take a couple of minutes to “stop and smell the roses”.