Samantha - Ames, Iowa
Themes: sports

Dream Big

I believe in dreams. I think if it wasn’t for my dreams I wouldn’t be where I am today. I have always been taught, “dream big and never take anything less.” Since I was a little girl, I have been a competitor with a dream to strive for success in life. I would play my Dad one vs. one in basketball and even though I never had a chance, I tried my hardest to do my best. I’ve always had the dream to play a sport in college, either hockey or soccer. That was my goal. I think if it wasn’t for my dreams and my consistent push to get better, I wouldn’t be staring Drake in the face waiting for fall of 2008.

Through the years that I’ve grown up, I’ve had some far out dreams and some more realistic. I know everyone has dreamed to grow up and be a millionaire and to marry the man or woman of his or her dreams. I know I’ve had my share of those, but then there are those dreams that you know you can’t live without. They’re the dreams that motivate you. I had the dream to become a state champion. I knew my team and I were capable of this task and all I needed to get me going was that spark- my dream. It took lots of guts, long hard practices, tears, sacrifices, bruises the size of baseballs, deep dark grass stains, and bloody noses, but we got the job done and in 2006 I was a state champion. I knew my dream lead me to believe I could accomplish what so few can say they are.

Dreams are very special in my opinion. Everyone can have them. They don’t discriminate who you are or judge you. No one can take them away from you. My definition of a dream is “your imagination coming up with the best ways for you to succeed… and then a little extra.” There is a quote by James Dean that I think everyone should live by. “Dream as if you’ll live forever, live as if you’ll die today.”