n - napoleon, Ohio

There have been many times in my life that I have made choices that I was not proud of. I believe that teenagers make decisions without thinking about how it affects the people around them. I have made this mistake in my life many times. Most recently, I was sitting at my girl friends house when my ex girlfriend sent me a text message, so I started talking to her. My girlfriend asked me to stop but I didn’t listen, and, later that night, she told me she didn’t want to talk to me. When I asked her why she didn’t answer me so I left. That was the quietest drive home I have ever had. We stayed together but she said if I ever pull a stunt like that again she’s gone. Now she is finally starting to trust me again.

There was another event in my life that also made me think about how I affect the people around me. One night my friends and I went out and bought a bunch of old mattresses. We thought it would be cool to throw mattresses in the middle of the road and watch cars run the mattresses. It was a fun night watching mattresses explode as the cars hit them. The next day we went back and picked up the pieces of mattress that were left. Later that night my friends and I were talking about what we did. My best friends parents heard what we were talking about and asked there son if he had joined in on the fun. He said he had and they grounded him right there on the spot. I couldn’t see my best friend for a month.

These experiences have taught me many lessons about life and have helped me grow up into the man I want to be. I now understand life can’t be all about you. I cant think just bout myself and not care about the people around me. My decisions will hurt someone if I don’t think about how they feel. This I believe that teenagers don’t take time to think about how there actions affect the people around them. I am a walking talking example of my belief.