Lee - Napoleon, Ohio
Themes: sports

I believe that no matter how much you hate something… sometimes it’s good for you.

When I was a child, I always played knee football and I loved it. My brothers and I would always play in the house. Then I got into fifth and sixth grade and I started playing pee-wee football. I loved this as well, it grew on me, and I began to play seventh and eighth grade football.

Well that was all fun and games, and which was followed by high school football. Beginning as a freshmen, I thought it was going to be just like it was back in my childhood days. Well, it was far from it. Practices were more strenuous, longer, and more physical. All sports began to get a lot harder in high school. I hated sports so much, but I kept playing them. I never wanted to go to practice. I would have much rather have had just gone home or over to my friends house after school with my buddies. The only part I really liked was the games or the matches. Why did I play sports even though I hated them so much? The answer was simple. Once I got home at night after a really hard practice, it felt like I had accomplished something. I always felt good about myself when I got home and knew I had done something that day. I believe all high school students should at least try out sports to see if they like it. If they don’t like it, it’s fine, but for those who stick it out you’ll know what I’m talking about when you get home from a practice. Sports also can help students stay out of trouble. It gives them something to do after school days and teaches them a sense of responsibility. They can really turn someone around in life.