I believe in myself

R - Napoleon, Ohio

In life, there are many problems and situations that everyone has to go through in order to succeed. These problems can range from a lousy grade on an essay for school, or a whole mess of bad things that happen all at once.

There is a common problem throughout the world involving teenagers. Most, if not all teenagers have problems at home as well as school or work. A lot of this has to do with stress from friends and family and their job. Many teenagers are just stressed out because they feel like after high school they won’t make it into college or be successful in what they do.

Throughout this past year, I have had a lot of thoughts about what I will be doing after high school. Of course, this comes with a lot of stress and a lot of questions. During the summer, I had given up on myself. I felt that I wasn’t ready to go off to college and that I was just not smart enough to do anything with my life.

It wasn’t until the first month of my senior year that I actually started believing in myself again. I now had a positive idea of what I want to do after high school. I think that this happened because I cared more about life than I did before. I knew that I couldn’t just walk through life like nothing. I need to work hard and make things happen if I want a good future for myself.

I plan on graduating high school and going on to college where I will study Film. I have been fascinated with video and digital cameras since I was little. My older brother is in Florida at film school and often talks to me about the classes he takes and what he has been learning. I feel it helps to have an older sibling that is studying the same thing that I want to.

Up until these past few months, I had no hope for success after high school. I know that if I didn’t start believing in myself, I would have no idea what to do after high school. I am thankful that I have great parents that guide me toward success and help me to believe in myself. My friends also help me to feel better about life and show me that it isn’t all about having fun but working hard so you can have a better future.