We Need Peace

Yurie - Kanazawa, Ishikawa, Japan
Themes: peace

Have you ever listened to “Imagine” by John Lennon? He believed in peace, and so do I. WW2 and 9.11 are examples of why we need peace. Too many people died. “Peace” means less or no people will die by weapons or killing.

My country, Japan, got hit by two nuclear bombs in WW2. I heard so many stories about Hiroshima and Nagasaki, cities where they got bombed by nuclear bombs. It was just a usual morning, but suddenly these cities changed their shape and a tremendous number of people died by the bombs. It was just horrible. There were people who lived their own lives. There were children who dreamed about their happy future. The bombs took their futures and left the hell.

I learned from reading & watching war stories that “all people who related with war get something bad”. I don’t know about the relationship between war and money or anything difficult. I only can say that I don’t want to lose my family, friends, my favorite musicians, artists, and myself. I don’t want to die by a gun, I don’t want to kill somebody with a knife, and I don’t want my family or friends to die by a bomb. After I heard some war stories, I always thought like that.

I need real peace. I don’t like to hear about murder, terrorists, or something that brings fear to my life. I want to die peacefully. There are so many kinds of people and all people are different, but if people admit that to themselves, the world may get peace, I think.