If You Knew Better….

Genesis - East Palo Alto, California

November 7, 2007

What if everybody who made a mistake learned from it or knew better before making it?

Everyone in the world would be at peace, without gangs and violence. If people learned from

their mistakes, the life of the person could inprove by them interacting better with people. I can

say I have been in that spot at some point in my life. I believe people are responsible for their

actions and should learn from them.

Fabio, a friend of mines never learns from his mistakes. He cuts class even though the

principal tells him to stop or else he will get expelled and sent to another school. Obviously, he

did not learn anything or try to improve his life by going to class. He threw his life away by

getting expelled and sent to another school where he dropped out and got into bad things like

drugs. I believe he would not have made those mistakes if he had known the consequences to his

Personally, I learned from my mistakes when I was involved in this fight last year at my

high school and was suspended for five days. I was walking to my seventh period class when all

of the sudden my friend came out of nowhere and fought with this girl. I tried to stop the fight,

but the other girls cousin came running towards me and punched me. Instead of walking away I

stayed there and punched her six times in her face. I thought it would not effect me, but it did

when I was so close to getting kicked out of my school for the fight, tardies,cuts, and bad grades.

When i heard the news I just kept thinking of what i did and learned from them. Now I think

before doing something. For example, I still hear that the girls cousin keeps talking about me, and

wants to provoke me, but I do not want to have problems this year. I am going to ignore it.

Now that I am a sophomore in high school, i belive that if you think before doing

something, think about the consequenses that you can get from an action that you make in life

then you will make fewer mistakes. I believe people should become more responsible for their

actions harder, to live a better life.