daniel - malone, New York
Themes: sports, work

Have you ever believed in something more than anything in the world? I believe that I am capable of becoming a major league baseball player. I also believe in that anyone can be what they want to be with hard work and determination.

Ever since I was young I remember that I wanted to become a major league baseball player. I also share this dream with my brother. It all started when I went to my first game. It was in Montreal. The Montreal Expos played the New York Mets. I believe I was three years old at the time. The hard work and determination started after that. My dad would practice with my brother and I all the time. When I turned five I was able to start tee ball. It was my first experience of organized baseball. After getting the fever of playing games the determination set in. a lot of people can use hard work and determination to be what they want in life, it is not just for one thing. I have had plenty of help. I have gained both hard work and determination from my dad and mom. I also always had my brother to compete with. We are like the Nike commercial with Micheal Jordan and Mia Ham. “Anything you can do I can do better.” my brother has made me a better player and is someone to follow footsteps. He is successful and one step away from the goal that we share. He gives me the drive to work hard and be determined because I have seen what he has accomplished. Some people that has reached my goal by using what I believe in are Tom Browning and Jody Johnson. They were both pitchers in the major leagues. Tom Browning is the only Cincinnati Reds pitcher to throw a perfect game.

Anybody can accomplish their goals by hard work and determination. Many people including me live by this to reach their dream. I believe that hard work and determination can help you achieve your goal.