Andrew - Reno, Nevada

I believeThat the Lord our God created the universe, and that His one and only son Jesus is our Savior. He came down to earth , was crucified, and rose again on the third day to save us of our sins. Which makes me say that I believe none of us are perfect, we all have problems and make mistakes, and the only way to get through them is through Jesus.

Which leads me to my next point. I believe that through Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior, all things are possible. You would not believe how many times I needed something or had to do something I‘ve never been able to do before, and just prayed so hard that it would work out alright. Like the fall play this year. Eighteen people made it, and I was one of them. Now the amazing part is Mr. Hearn always makes a list of students that defiantly got in, and there were ten left that on the list when he was done casting. I prayed all summer to get in and I made it over a lot of great actors. I haven’t yet been disappointed over something like this. Sure, maybe sometimes it didn’t work out exactly how I thought it would, or how I wanted it to, but it always turns out great. One time I know my Lord will do what is right and good for me even if I think times are hard. The Bible says “Blessed is the man who keeps going when times are hard”. James 1:12. If you trust in Him God will make everything alright and get you through any problems you have.

I believe it’s important to serve and do good works. The Bible says to love your neighbor, and that faith without good works is dead, and when I say good works I mean showing kindness and helping others. Jesus said that anytime you help someone who needs it you are helping him. This could be anything from holding a door open for someone to going on a mission trip around the world and building houses. Besides, wouldn’t the world be a better place if everyone tried to help each other? I can’t see it getting worse, and helping other people often makes you feel good about yourself, I spent ten days building a house for a poor family in Mexico and it was the time I’ve ever had. I can’t wait to go back. I believe this best because it is written in the Bible; one of the best selling books of all times, and the longest in print. There are also numerous archeological facts that support the story. For example the fallen walls of Jerico fell to the outside of the city, which is stated in the bible. This unusual because the walls of the city were built to fall in on itself. Also the found horse bones and chariots at the bottom of the Red Sea, but they didn’t find any evidnce of a boat being there. Finally, it just feels right. Nothing anybody says or does can change my mind on this. Jesus said that because of Him we might have to go through hard times or persecution, but if we stay with Him, everything would be alright. I know that goodness will follow me all the days of my life and I will live in the house of the lord forever.