Kelsey - Napoleon, Ohio
Themes: sports, work

Changing Practice into Fun

I believe that it’s possible to change practice into fun. According to the Webster’s dictionary, the definition of fun is “activities that are enjoyable or amusing.” One definition of practice is “repeated performance or systematic exercise for the purpose of acquiring skill or proficiency.” You can practice for any task and become better at that task. I need to practice on just about everything I do.

When I was learning how to walk, according to my mom and dad, they had to hold on to me as I moved my legs. I eventually learned to walk on my own. Then it came to school work, I was never very good at math, so I had to repeatedly practice on the problems that I didn’t understand, and I eventually got better and better at them. Now that I’m in high school, I have had to make new friends, which wasn’t really easy because I never really knew anybody other than those from the same small, private grade school I went to. When I made the bowling team that changed.

When bowling season started, it was easier for me to make friends because we all had something in common-we loved to bowl and we did it well. Being friends on a team helped the team achieve great things. However practice wasn’t always easy. Most of the time, people had to work extremely hard to achieve their goals. Practice for me though was easy it was almost fun in a way. I didn’t have to work as hard as some of the other team members did.

I believe that practice can be fun some people might disagree with me because they think that practice is going to be fun all the time. They don’t understand that practice can be fun if they practice the thing that they love. It’s not always going to be easy. I will admit that I too thought practice was going to be fun when a two-part complicated task arises I need to practice at the first part correctly then move on to the second part. If the first part isn’t done correctly it just makes practice ten times harder.

So can practice actually be fun? Practice the very thing that you love to do and you’ll be surprised.

K. Zumfelde