Dominic - Miami, Florida

I know these are two completely different subjects but I will show you how the war is between them. The other night I was watching “I Love New York” and I said to myself “why am I watching this?” The only reason I could think of is it seemed real from my point of view but is it? I mean will 30 men and/or women really fight and degrade themselves on international television over one person? To my surprise over a thousand more signed up to be contestants on the show. I couldn’t imagine 15 guys kissing and having sex with one woman until I saw this show. Now the real question is, is it even real? Are the “contestants” acting or this really happening? Will people actually do the things they do? What is the prize if you win? And is it worth it? I believe sex (of lust and not in marriage) was created to destroy education and the more important things in life like family. Do these types of shows have an effect on the viewers? What is this teaching the children and teens viewing it? Why does the media insist on killing education? Whatever happened to the Discovery challenge and Barney that taught important facts and morals? In this time and age you can’t turn on the television without seeing sex or another condom commercial. You can’t even watch cartoons any more without seeing sex because the media makes it seem like sex is the best thing in the world, which brings me to my most important point. I believe sex is destroying the future because when children are told something is good, natural instincts tell them to try it and they are not properly informed on the “side-effects.” Since they are not informed, they make mistakes like not using protection. Then all of a sudden two lives are destroyed and dreams ore crushed because now they have to take care of a baby and/or have to live with a fatal disease for the rest of their lives. Now for a second, I want you to think about how big the United States of America is, how many states it has, and how many states you’ve been to. Now here is the surprising fact of the day: Dade County not Florida but Dade County is second leading in HIV/AIDS cases and it is a little county not even a state! Think about it? In Dade County are education is also extremely low but what can we do. I believe we can change but we have to believe in our goal and in ourselves to accomplish it. This, I believe.