Loraina - Reno, Nevada
Themes: creativity, work

Painting My Beliefs

How hard you work in life determines your future, this is why I believe that anyone can do and be anything, they just have to give it their all. I believe that if you set your heart and your mind to your dreams then you can achieve them. I believe that you hold the key to your own life.

Everybody has a shot for a fruitful future and has the ability to do anything they want, they just have to apply themselves. For example, my dream is to be an artist; I want that more than anything. I want to be able to warm people’s hearts when they see my art work, which would be amazing. Even though I may have the talent I still need to take any chance I can get to practice and I can’t give up.

It took me a long time to figure out what I believe in until just the other day. I plopped down at the table preparing to sprinkle a magical world on paper, filled with colors and imagery, but the worst thing happened and I drew a blank. I could not think of what to draw. I looked around my bedroom at all the photos of bands and in my opinion, hot guys, on my ivory colored walls until my eyes were fixed on my Thomas Kinkaid paintings (printed from the computer). Thomas Kinkaid is known as the most famous living painter and I admire him. He puts his heart, his soul, and his beliefs in all his masterpieces, just looking at his work, lights up and warms your heart and makes you feel like there’s something to live for. I started to think, “Ill never be able to paint like that, my paintings will never have the ability to warm hearts.” But then I also got to thinking — Mr. Kinkaid did everything he could to reach this level of his talent. He did anything and everything that gave him a chance to practice; he took art classes and even went to an art collage. Thinking about all this made me realize what I believe in. I really could be that good, I could someday warm hearts and create smiles. If Thomas Kinkaid would have just given up like I was about to, then he would not be anywhere near as talented as he is now, he wouldn’t be known as the most famous living painter who brightens up someone’s day; which is what I want to do. I want to inspire people. This is my life and I hold the key to it and if I want to be an artist I really could be, but only if I set my heart and my mind to that dream.

You have the power to do anything in your life, but you have to work hard for it. In the end all your work will pay off an you’ll be extremely happy, proud, and content. just believe in your self, put all you got in it, and remember you hold the key to your own life.