CONFIDENCE, THE KEY OF LIFE

Ty - Riverside, Utah

One of the most vital things to obtain in your life is self-confidence. This expression will show others that you are able to accomplish the tasks in helping you become a more successful person in life. Not only will this behavior help you get the job of your choice and be good at it, it will allow you to be happy with yourself. Self-confidence is an attitude, which allows individuals to have positive yet realistic views of themselves and their situations. Self-confident people trust in themselves and have control of their decisions and lives. One that has this attitude, and believes it, within reason, will be able to do what they wish, and expect.

Having self-confidence does not mean you will be able to do everything. Normally self-confident people have expectations that are realistic, but if these expectations are not met, they are able to continue life with a positive outlook. People that don’t have this ability to be confident, are always looking for approval from peers in order to feel good about themselves. They are people that are no willing to take risks, or be leaders.

In my line of works I am required to have self-confidence. In my opinion, sales are about 80% appearance. I can’t imagine trying to sale a product when I’m not even confident in myself, little known the product. I sale security systems door-to-door, and I am confident enough to be able to go out on a limb and risk failure. I tell myself before I knock every door that I am the man, and I support myself that way. I have trained a lot of sales representatives how to sale, and what approach to use, but I have seen so many fail because of lack of self-confidence. When I started selling, I remember knocking that first door. What a disaster. They told me no, while slamming the door in my face, before I was even able to stutter two words. I must have looked like a frightened young boy. Ever sense that little fiasco, I have progressed and gained confidence in the job and in myself. Now if somebody tries to shut the door in my face, I knock it again until they answer and hear why I’m there.

I believe strongly in the law of attraction. If a person is always thinking positive thoughts, and acts on those positive thoughts, they are able to achieve anything that is within reason. Being positive in yourself, will only attract positive feedback. If you go into a job interview thinking there is no way you are going to get the job, most likely the person interviewing you will sense that negativity, and therefore, will result in a bad interview. It is so important that you go into every aspect of life with self-confidence, and if you do this you will start to see positive results.

To be self-confident all starts with positive thoughts. Even if you don’t feel positive avoid self-pity and sympathy of others. Never say negative things about yourself. The more you say negative about yourself, the more you are going to believe it. If you screw up, who cares? Do better next time. I love when somebody says I can’t do something; I just get a grin on my face and do everything in my power to prove them wrong. Thrive off criticism. Most people get down when they receive a little criticism; I let it make me better. You can get to the point that every negative thought can be made positive.

Self-confidence is the best trait you can have, and everybody can achieve it. Go out with a positive attitude and a smile on your face. My dad always told me to “fake it, until you make it.” If you’re mad and depressed, feeling bad about yourself, smile and make the best of every situation. Watch as your life takes a drastic turn, and remember you will always belief what you tell yourself, so why not make it positive.