prat - 55313, Minnesota
Themes: fear

I believe in fears no matter how tough a person there is something that makes him afraid. There are some events that take place in a person’s life at one point in time where he fears for his life leaving back memories that scar them for the rest of their lives. Mine was fear of death the worst of all kinds of fear.

As a kid growing I used to have this one particular dream everyday, in my dream I was in my room and I used to hear this footsteps at night, my parents said no one could possibly be in that room it has been locked for a 100 years, trying to shake it off I went back to sleep when I hear some whisper my name out of thin air. Then I went unconscious and woke up in the attic with the ghost standing in front of me helding up a knife saying good bye I tried to scream but I was so scared that no words came out.

There was this one incident that happened to me when was around 7 or 8 years old on the warm July night I was having the horrible nightmare again after twisting and turning in the bed for like 5 minutes sweating and horrified. I woke up at 3.00pm at night and went to drink some water while all of a sudden I see a dark figure moving across the living room I dropped my glass and screamed like a little girl I felt like I was going to get a heart attack. I hid in one of the kitchen cabinets below the sink and was scared that if he finds me I’m dead. My parents wake up call the cops come downstairs, my dad is hit with a blunt weapon barely conscious and my mom is in the room. The cops come over catch the guy, find me in the cabinet full of tears. As I came out I will never forget the look of revenge on the thief’s face as he looked at me with the intention of coming back someday and killing me.

I have been having a lot of trouble going to sleep because of that between the age of 10-13 and I am 16 right now so it’s only been a couple of years for me to recover from that. It doesn’t scare me now because he’s dead he got hanged for almost killing my dad and his threat for revenge. Even though a faint memory it still leaves an emotional scar. Waking up from a illusion and watching the real nightmare takes place when you are wide awake.

Because of this tragedy I sometimes get claustrophobic a fear of being in a confined space. Fears are deadly even though we can’t forget them I still believe that we have the strength to fight and overcome them. I believe that time is the best healer for me for forgetting out fears