Brent - Malone, New York
Themes: respect

This I believe essay

I believe that respect makes the world go round. Everyday people pick on and disrespect others for so many cruel and dumb reasons such as the way they look, the kids they hang out with , the clothes they where, or the disabilities they have. In order to get respect you have to give it I have been raised on that idea and frame of mind my whole life.

That idea behind that little word respect, just sat with me until one day I found out just how strongly and firmly did belive in the belief behind that little word respect. It was a normal day of school kids in the hall talking to their friends you had the skaters, the stoners, the preps the jocks and the rednecks very few of these groups respecting one another. But one picture sticks in my mind and upsets me is seeing that poor boy just yearning to be like us and what I witnessed next was the saddest excuse for a human being ive ever seen.

He ran over his toe with his wheelchair accidentally the creep yells vulgar words at the poor boy calling him obscene words and picking on his disability.

I firmly believe in the idea of respect, and I believe everyone should both give and get respect. There re so many different wars and stuff going on and too many people getting hurt and hatred boiling in this world all over that little word that means so much.

I learned about this word an idea as a small child but I feel everyone in the world needs to learn about it and give respect to people every day. Maybe if people learned about this idea and showed it and got respect back then there would be less problems in the world and less wars and their would be more friendships within different groups instead of stereotypical group settings. That one tiny word morphs into a huge idea and maybe even the difference in the world so next time you go to yell at someone or tell them you hate them just think of the golden rule treat others as you would like to be treated and give a little of respect and maybe they will see the real you deep down and respect you back.