Samuel - Gilbert, Iowa

Cody Kleinwolterink

I believe essay

November 13, 2007

The Unbelievable Machine

I believe in my TiVo. It’s always going to be sitting there waiting till one of my shows is on, so that it can do its job and record the T.V. episode for me. If my TiVo makes a mistake it’s not the TiVo’s fault, no matter how much I blame it. I most likely forgot to record the show.

TiVo can be used for many different things and in many different situations. TiVo comes in most handy when I’m really, really bored. When I have abosoulty nothing to do I sit down in front of my T.V. and look through all the shows that I’ve recorded and start watching. It usually keeps me busy for a few hours because I record a lot of stuff so that means that I have a lot of shows to catch up on. My favorite part about TiVo is that it’s easy to use. There is no brainpower needed to work the thing. All you have to do is hit one button and then press ok. The only thing you need to know how to do is press buttons that’s it and if you don’t know how to do that you’re probably not able to read this either. The other thing I love about TiVo is the most obvious of them all I don’t have to worry about missing my favorite T.V. shows. When I’m busy I can be worry free and know that my old dependably TiVo is at home doing its job recording the show and they will be ready for me to watch when I get home. Another thing that comes in handy is the fact that you can record a season pass that makes it even easier because then every episode in the season records and you only have to set up to record the show once that way if you forget, your TiVo has your back and will record it for you.

I personally think TiVo is the best invention in the 21st Century, because it’s very simple anyone can use it, and it takes no time out of my day, also at the end of my day I can sit back and relax while watching the shows that my TiVo recorded. It’s always nice to have something you can depend on and I believe I can depend on my TiVo.