Jessica - owls head, New York
Themes: love, setbacks

This I Believe…

Every time you hear their name. Every memory you made. How hard you worked to get so far. Then it all falls apart. But is that really it? Do you just let go forever? Is it really possible to do that?

You spend all your days wondering if they are thinking about you at that very time and does anything remind them of you, just knowing that everything reminds you of them. You may not think about them at all, but there comes a day when you hear their name and just pause. Then you find yourself thinking back to your very first kiss that you didn’t want to end and that hug where you found yourself never wanting them to let go. So where do you find yourself at that very point? Is that it?

How can you just let go of something forever that is always going to be in the back of your mind? It may not be the one you are with now or have been but one day you will find someone that you just can’t keep off your mind. You may have thought at the time that they weren’t meant for you and that there were more fish in the sea as people would tell you. But there is always going to be that one fish that got away. So then your left wondering what might have been. Or was that the real end? When you say I love you and mean it, it is so much more than words. Its feeling: sad, mad, and happy for just one individual. You can’t just let go of all those feelings just like that. There is a little part of them that stays with you.

From there you hold all of your feelings inside even though it hurts so much. You trick everyone with that fake smile that keeps you going for that no one asks, so you don’t have to tell.

When it is still on your mind of what might have been. Sometimes you find yourself looking back and wishing that it could be like that again.

So when you try to get over someone should you just keep practicing repeating it in your head, over and over again? Is it like flash cards the more you practice them the more it sticks in your head? That is only your head though, you feel from your heart. As you practice them certain things remind you of how to remember the flash cards. So if you find things to remind you of the other side of those flash cards your always going to find things to remind you of that one special person. I believe that you never truly get over someone, your always going to feel for them in one way or another. It is reminders that keep us holding on and wondering what might have been.