Holly - Malone, New York
Themes: forgiveness

This I Believe …

Everyone deserves another chance when they mess up. The person could have been in another state of mind, someone could have persuaded them or even peer pressure. You should always listen to both stories get both sides of the problem. You don’t want to take any action you might regret.

If you don’t get both stories, and just jump to conclusion, you’ll regret it deeply. If you really want to be with someone, than there should always be second chances. Things usually happen for a reason, you can either look on the bright or the dark side of the problem. You shouldn’t hold grudges against them either. Just because it happened once doesn’t mean it will again.

I believe if you want something to happen, it will when the time is right. You just need to focus on it, in the end what’s meant to be will happen. Everyone deserves to be happy and if giving someone another chance is what makes you happy, than so be it. You being happy is way more important than being upset. I believe this because I have given many people second chances.

A year ago I met someone that I had great feelings for. There was just something about him and it was irresistible. He made me happy and mad at the same time. We had our ups and downs, just like everyone else does. The downs were the worst; they consisted of lying and cheating. I felt like I really wasn’t worth the truth from him or anyone at that time. Everything just started going downhill. I felt like I didn’t have anyone and it was like he took my heart out and just stomped on it more than once. He ended up apologizing a lot more than he needed too, and I could tell he was sorry. Because I liked him so much, and I wanted to be with him so bad, I took him back, pretty much in a heartbeat. I made him promise me up and down he wasn’t going to do this to me again. Those feelings that were so strong at the beginning were slowly fading away because of this big conflict. I felt like I wanted to be with him but at the same time I felt like I shouldn’t be with him. It was a difficult situation to be in, but in the end we both decided we shouldn’t be together. We didn’t have those strong feelings anymore. It wasn’t fair to one another. If I would not have gone back with him to this day I would still be wondering. Was I supposed to be with him? Was it going to last? Now I know, and I’m glad I took that chance.

Giving people second chances means letting them back into your life. They could hurt you again, but you’re going to trust that there not going to. If they were there before and you have yet to figure out the reason, than that person will be there again. You don’t just let go of your parents because your fighting with them do you? You still hold on because to you that’s the right thing to do. I believe many people make mistakes and you can’t judge them from the mistakes, you need to look at the good side of things. In the end, what’s meant to be will happen, just give it time.