Jessi - Gilbert, Iowa
Themes: work

Hard Work

Everyone always says hard work pays off. I have never felt the benefits of hard work until this year. As time goes by and I near graduation, I have learned to value my accomplishments more and more. Nothing is as rewarding as looking back on my life and seeing all of the obstacles I have overcome. I have learned hard work and perseverance may not be what is fun at the time, but you will never reflect on your life and say, “I wish I didn’t work so hard on that project.” Life has taught me about the importance of hard work and all of the rewards that go along with it.

I will never look back on my life and regret any of the hard work I put into it. For me, I have worked very hard on getting good grades and going the extra mile to continue this lifestyle. Since I am graduating high school a year early, I have worked extremely hard on getting my future plans in order and laid out to perfection. Even though these plans are constantly changing, it has always been positive. The first major realization of the hard work I have put into school was a couple of weeks ago when I found out about a scholarship I received to go to Buena Vista. This has taught me to have no regrets about the effort I have put into my life. Since I don’t particularly enjoy school will be as stress-free as possible.

Another example of where this has played a roll in my life is my volunteer work. My freshman year didn’t involve much volunteer work, when I found out how important it was for getting scholarships, I joined a student volunteer work called Students In Action and eventually became the secretary. I also have added on teaching three preschool and kindergarten dance classes the following year. Spending several hours a week at the studio doing what I love makes volunteer work much more enjoyable. I know that there is no way I will look back on my life and regret teaching younger girls and boys my passion for dance, raising money for the Make-A-Wish foundation and helping out with Students In Action.

I believe hard work will only better me. I believe perseverance will get you where you want to go on a route well suited for you. But most importantly, I believe I can pick my future and how I get there is up to me, but helping others and myself along the way to have a good life will never come back to haunt me. The rewards of hard work are endless and although I may not see results immediately, when I get to the end I can see how all of my effort reflects on whatever I am doing always will give me something to be proud of.